- Check in advance with the veterinary office at Munich Airport to ensure that your pet meets the current travel requirements.
- Find out before flying about the entry regulations for animals in your destination country.
- Register your pet with the airline when booking your flight.
- Start getting your pet accustomed to the crate a few days before your trip.
- Come to the airport in time: Passengers travelling with pets should be at the airline's check-in desk 2–3 hours before departure.
On your departure date
- You can transport cats and small dogs in the cabin in a special carrier. Please note that a leash is required at the airport.
- Larger dogs must be handed over at the bulky luggage desk in a sufficiently large transport crate. Animals that weigh more than 8kg – including the crate – are carried in the cargo hold. The correct crate size is defined in a regulation issued by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and is confirmed by the check-in staff. The dog must be able to stretch, turn around and lie down in the crate.
- Don't forget to place your pet's favorite toy and snacks in the crate. Animals often experience anxiety during transport.
- Detailed information is available from the Veterinary Office, which is responsible for inspecting arriving and departing animals at the airport.