Docker, Microservices, Kubernetes, DevOps, Continuous Integration/ Deployment/Delivery, Container – all of those terms heavily dominate modern application development teams and processes.
This course will explain all of the mentioned terms and focus on the following main questions:
- How strong and reliable are the isolation capabilities of Docker/Linux/OS containers?
- How do containers affect typical application and network architectures?
- Which changes are introduced by the CI/CD/Microservice paradigm into traditional development environments?
- How does a typical CI/CD pipeline look?
- How can security be integrated into these new development/architecture paradigms?
- What additional attack surface and security challenges are introduced by the changed development landscape and additional tools?
All agenda topics will be supported by practical exercises and/or demos. At the end of the course, each attendee will have an automated environment where code changes can be deployed to stage hosting environments while being covered by various functional and/or security-related tests. The attendees will also know the concept behind the main buzzwords and tools described above and understand how they impact application architectures, development, and security posture.