Anyone wishing to drive in Munich Airport’s security restricted area must hold an apron driver’s license. Before they can obtain one, they must hold an official driver’s license of at least class B (3) and an FMG security pass (not a visitor’s ID card!).
If you hold a driver’s license that has not been issued in a country belonging to the EU/EEA, you also need an international driver’s license or an officially certified translation of your license!
- Apron driver’s license in German: €249.00 plus VAT
- Apron driver’s license in English: €349.00 plus VAT
Bulk discounts are possible subject to written request if the number of participants per calendar year exceeds 50.
In the theoretical section of the training, you get to know Munich Airport’s topography, the special security regulations for passenger airports, and the specific circumstances at the aprons. In the practical section, you undertake detailed driving exercises to learn about how the traffic regulations for aprons are applied, the aircraft stands, and how to act properly in the security restricted area of aircraft.
- The training venue is the Airport Academy, Eichenstraße 11D, 85445 Schwaig/Oberding
- Duration: 8 a.m. to approx. 4 p.m.
- Parking space is available in the interior court. Please only park on the lots indicated as belonging to FMG.
Since the class will leave the Airport Academy for the topographic section punctually at 8 a.m., we ask participants to arrive by no later than 7:45 a.m. Registered persons who arrive too late may unfortunately no longer be able to take part in the seminar once the class leaves.